Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

In Need of Information and Advice On Buying a D7000

ubiety

US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: In Need of Information and Advice On Buying a D7000"

ubiety Registered since 17th Jul 2013
Thu 25-Jul-13 09:41 PM

>But here is what I want to say to you about your entry into
>digital photography. My friend, a 747 captain at Continental
>airlines suggested the D7000 to me. He said, "When you
>get it, forget the fact that it is digital and highly
>automated. Instead, set the camera to M (for Manul) and
>pretend it is a film camera. Doing so will focus your
>education on the camera buttons and controls.

Your suggestion certainly is an interesting way to approach working with a new DSLR camera. Using the camera, rather than trying to learn all the features, would be less overwhelming and would allow me to emphasize photography over technology.

The number of features these cameras have is staggering. This alone would be enough to paralyze a novice DSLR photographer.

To avoid getting bogged down, I may try a hybrid approach comprised of shooting with the camera set to M and then gradually working my way through the menus and features. There's no rush, especially since it's hard to believe that I will ever use or need all of the things the D7000 offers. But, maybe I will change my mind once I start using it. Sometimes we don't think we need things until we have them and then we can't imagine how we ever lived without them.

This is a hot, active topic! In Need of Information and Advice On Buying a D7000 [View all] , ubiety , Wed 17-Jul-13 09:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: In Need of Information and Advice On Buying a D7000