Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Setting single focus point D7100

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4505 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Setting single focus point D7100"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Tue 25-Jun-13 12:07 PM | edited Tue 25-Jun-13 12:12 PM by richardd300

You would be best selecting AF-S (single point focus) by pressing the AF-mode button and rotating the command dial (see page 13 of the manual) until AF-S shows in the top display. Then by using the multi selector button (see page 5) you can move your focus point around all 51 focus points. Ensure the multi selector lock is off to move the focus point and then re-lock it to avoid accidental moving the selected focus point. Personally, after finishing I would always return the focus point back to the centre. My method would be to direct my camera focus point at the target, half depress the shutter button to lock the focus and re-frame then shoot

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A general, generic topic Setting single focus point D7100 [View all] , Pirate123 , Tue 25-Jun-13 12:49 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Setting single focus point D7100