Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Rassie

Milton, CA
4269 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Weight Allowance"

Rassie Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006
Mon 24-Jun-13 02:36 AM

I think if you get twenty people replying, you may get twenty different viewpoints. I would leave the Tokina wide angle lens, the Nikkor 50 mm and the Nikkor macro lens. Between the Tamron 18-270 and the 200-500 mm you can cover everything between 18 mm and 500 mm.

Sure the macro lens may be nice for close-ups, but I suspect on safari most of your shots will be landscapes or animals shot long distance. As for wide angle needs on safari, the 18 mm of the Tamron should be able to cover all but the most demanding opportunities. I might also consider leaving the D3200 body home. Yes, it will be a disaster if the main body fails and there is no backup. Then again I have been on numerous such jaunts and I always had only one camera with me. Touch wood, I've never had a body fail on me yet. If you feel you must have a backup body, then take that in place of one or more of the lenses I would leave anyway.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Weight Allowance [View all] , walkteach48 , Sun 23-Jun-13 11:04 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Weight Allowance