Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3577 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Greenish tint?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sat 22-Jun-13 11:22 AM

Are you using sRGB or Adobe RGB for color space? Nikon redefined their AdobeRGB which some people getting the D800 were commenting on a slight green tint on the rear display. There was a firmware update for that. Nikon says it is more accurate than it has been in the past.
I usually use the sRGB so never noticed any difference. It only impacts the JPG rendering for rear monitor.
The shift I am describing is subtle so if you are getting a strong green shift something else is at work. A very low light high ISO will be heavily cast. If you are seeing this in good light, sun or flash it might require some looking into. Can you post an image and the camera settings?
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Greenish tint? [View all] , cporiger Silver Member , Fri 21-Jun-13 08:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Greenish tint?