Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Will the SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 U...

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Will the SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I work on the Nikon D7100 ?"

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sun 23-Jun-13 07:45 PM

>It will be for family history and genealogy.
>Would think 5 minutes is too limiting. Probably use my old
>video camera.

The D7100 is rated for between 20-29 minutes of continous video shooting, depending on the resolution and quality settings. So my 5 minute suggestion was really more of a generalization about breaking up a long, boring, fixed shot angle. If you're doing genealogy interviews, you're probably good to go with your D7100. Just use an interview timer to give your camera a rest and avoid overheating. if that's not possible because you don't want to break the train of someone's thoughts - especially seniors - then your old digital video camera might be a better choice.

I think the choice of camera also might depend on the reason for gathering the interview footage in the first place. For example, if you're going to be using the footage to compile a documentary video about a family history, the higher quality D7110 footage might be the best way to go. On the other hand, if the footage is being gathered mainly for fact gathering in order to preserve family stories as well as genealogical history for compilation as a book, web site and/or family tree, the digital vidcam footage will do quite nicely I think.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

A general, generic topic Will the SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 U... [View all] , BigBen636 , Fri 21-Jun-13 04:43 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Will the SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Ultra Class ...