Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

non-nikon EN-EL15 Li-Ion battery

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: non-nikon EN-EL15 Li-Ion battery"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 16-Jun-13 06:15 PM

Sony was the source of a number of recalls for defective batteries in laptops and cellphones and might have been the source of the Nikon recalled batteries a bit over a year ago. The division has been up for sales since last summer but the government wants Nissan to buy it.

As battery companies go, it is not a major player with less than $2 Billion in annual sales, some of the 3rd party makers are bigger and have more success in developing that market and technologies that Sony has not had the money to spare to compete with. Sony is going through a major downsize and is shedding all but its core consumer electronics business. The CEO has stated that they are going to concentrate on mobile devices, digital imaging and gaming, and possibly, medical equipment. There has been a lot of talk about Sony Semiconductors being on the block also. They have already closed dozens of plants and sold off divisions such as its chemical company. The semiconductor division is rumored to be up for sale. If it happens might be why Nikon is getting second sources for sensors.
Given its checkered history and sale-at-a-loss attempts, Sony batteries might be anything but the best option. Rather than internet rumors, I prefer to rely on my own testing and as a result I have been quite happy with my additional charge life from the Delkin batteries at less that $25.
I would not buy any eBay specials or even Amazon unless it came from Amazon stock and not from its associate retailers.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic non-nikon EN-EL15 Li-Ion battery [View all] , MarkM10431 Silver Member , Fri 14-Jun-13 11:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: non-nikon EN-EL15 Li-Ion battery