Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Atlanta, US
10524 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Battery charger?"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Sun 16-Jun-13 02:55 PM | edited Sun 16-Jun-13 06:10 PM by ericbowles

I'd try to use a Nikon charger. You don't want to overcharge or overheat your Nikon battery - it significantly reduces battery life. I would not want a third party charger unless I could be sure it would not reduce my battery life. That being said, there probably is not a lot of risk as battery chargers are relatively simple. If you are buying generic batteries you might as well buy a generic charger.

You can buy a refurbished V1 kit for $299. It comes with a battery, charger, lens, and camera body. The battery and charger are the same as the D7000 battery and charger (the V2 is different). The parts in the kit are worth more than the kit itself. There is one from Cameta on ebay for $249 right now.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A topic tagged as having a question Battery charger? [View all] , bentrod , Fri 07-Jun-13 07:50 PM
Reply message RE: Battery charger?
Reply message RE: Battery charger?
Reply message RE: Battery charger?
     Reply message RE: Battery charger?
Reply message RE: Battery charger?
Reply message RE: Battery charger?
     Reply message RE: Battery charger?