Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
agitater

Toronto, CA
4551 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Battery charger?"

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sat 08-Jun-13 03:15 PM

>The original for $46 or a $15 3d
>party?

I normally recommend Nikon-branded parts and accessories. there are exceptions though.

I tested and reviewed this one from BestBatt and found that it works properly.

I can't offer an opinion on the quality of the unit's internal parts, and I can't comment on the quality of the plastic shell or on what sort of minor banging around it will tolerate compared to the tough units made by/supplied to Nikon, but it did a perfectly good job as a charger sitting on a desktop. No battery problems, no undercharging, no overcharging. We unplugged the unit, deliberately pushed it off a desktop onto a hardwood floor which dislodged something inside the unit that caused it to stop working.

The Expendables: comes with a bonus car charger; BestBatt is pretty good about exhanges during the very short warranty period for these sorts of devices.

The Party at Kitty & Stud's: it's a wall wart-style device; no AC cord; not quite up to Nikon's construction quality.

-----

This one, sold through DigiAccessories is another story. It's cheap, three of them failed (in a row) after anywhere from two to four charging sessions. On one of the test units, the flip-out AC, two-prong connector simply fell off when we reconnected the unit to do a third charging session. We unplugged a unit, deliberately pushed it off a desktop onto a hardwood floor which caused the unit to pop open like a pinata smacked by Chris Davis.

Die Hard: you can get one for five bucks.

Hudson Hawk: the bonus car charger fits so tightly into the accessory outlet that you're liable to break the thing; none of the test units were still working after the fourth charging sessions; the flip-out AC connector can easily break; it's a wall wart-style device so there's no AC cord.

-----

The OEM Nikon MH-25 is tough, reliable, withstands accidental falls off a desktop, comes with an AC cord, and is fully warranted by Nikon. Best price I've seen for a real MH-25 is the same price you found already - $46.95.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

A topic tagged as having a question Battery charger? [View all] , bentrod , Fri 07-Jun-13 07:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Battery charger?