Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

anyone tried infrared filter with d7000?

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: anyone tried infrared filter with d7000?"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 02-Apr-11 01:39 PM

On your latter two links the photographer was shooting before the "hot pixel" firmware fix, and he states he will give it another try - it would be nice to know how he made out. Another poster commented as follows:

"Hey man. Just updated the firmware and it fixed the issue for me. I mean you can still se it if the lens cap is on but it doesn't show up in reasonable situations. "

Anyhow last time I checked LifePixel, I was pleasantly surprised the cost for IR Conversion had dropped way down to $250 for the standard and $300 for the enhanced. I plan to convert my D300 this fall.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic anyone tried infrared filter with d7000? [View all] , diogolp , Sat 04-Dec-10 04:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: anyone tried infrared filter with d7000?