Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

anyone tried infrared filter with d7000?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3574 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: anyone tried infrared filter with d7000?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Wed 26-Sep-12 01:24 PM

Welcome to the D7000 forum and Nikonians!
That is really interesting for those of us who are interesting in dabbling but not enough to convert a camera yet. I have always been fascinated by the IR images I see in art galleries and on web galleries.
We seem to have an innate curiosity about sounds, color and scales outside of our normal senses. When a little kid, I built a sound down converter so I could listen to ultrahigh frequencies transposed down to the audible range. It was really interesting to "hear" the sounds of everyday environments at a high range that some insects and animals could hear. Light spectrum sensitivity for insects, particularly those who seek colorful plans and end up pollinating them, are particularly sensitive to UV light.
Are you using low ISO to keep noise down or just trying to capture as much information as possible with higher ISO? Do you notice differences in coverage or hotspots among your lenses?
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic anyone tried infrared filter with d7000? [View all] , diogolp , Sat 04-Dec-10 04:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: anyone tried infrared filter with d7000?