Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What is the best upgrade for my D300

torwood

Jefferson Hills, US
761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What is the best upgrade for my D300"

torwood Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2010
Mon 06-May-13 09:30 PM

Right now, the only overall upgrade for the D300 is the D7100. The D300 has the "pro" body ergonomics, a dedicated AF-On button, and a higher frame rate than the D7100. It's also bigger and heavier. But, those things don't technically improve your photos.

In terms of image quality, the D7100 (and the D7000 for that matter) exceeds the D300 in every way, especially in bad light.

That said, if pure image quality is your only concern, a D3200 will give you better dynamic range, more resolution, and better high ISO performance than a D300 or D300s. You'll be sorely lacking in AF performance, frame rate, and controls, though. I'm somewhat joking, since the D3200 is not a practical upgrade from a D300.

You really have two choices if you want to stay with DX: buy a D7100 or wait for the chimera D400 to come out.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic What is the best upgrade for my D300 [View all] , sharkman53 , Mon 06-May-13 06:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What is the best upgrade for my D300