Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Deleting Photos individually on D7100 and D800

MEMcD

US
31603 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Deleting Photos individually on D7100 and D800"

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Thu 02-May-13 03:49 PM

Hi Clifford,

Keep in mind that the number of images remaining in the display is a very conservative estimate. The more full the card gets the more accurate it is.

While deleting images in the camera can be done, there is a remote chance that doing so could corrupt the memory card. This of course would not be good.
I meet people all the time complaining that their memory card is full because they didn't get around to downloading the images to their computer.

I don't use SD cards in my D800 and I always have at least 5 CF cards (1 in the camera and 4 in a card case) so I never worry about running out of memory.

Get a Gepe Extreme Card Safe to carry your spare cards. They are waterproof, crush proof and large enough that it will be difficult to lose but small enough to easily fit it your pocket or an outside pocket of any camera bag.

Best Regards,
Marty

A general, generic topic Deleting Photos individually on D7100 and D800 [View all] , cwhence Silver Member , Tue 30-Apr-13 07:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Deleting Photos individually on D7100 and D800