Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with Long Exposure Shot

mtwewerka

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Help with Long Exposure Shot"

mtwewerka Registered since 26th Apr 2013
Mon 29-Apr-13 02:50 PM

Hey everyone, I need a little help. Previously I had a Nikon D3100 and when I wanted to take a nice long exposure shots of a say, water rapids, I'd setup my camera, set my aperture and attach my shutter release cable and click (push up to lock) and wait a good 30 to 40 secs and boom, I'd get my results.

With my new D7100, that's not working. I'm using the same type of settings and the same cable release and my images just aren't coming out. I've messed with the "A" settings and "S" settings. I've tried bringing my shutter speed down and my images are getting whited out. I'm just confused as to why it worked on my D3100 and when doing the same thing on my D7100, it's not.

Any suggestions? As for the type of shots, I'm taking pictures of waterfalls, streams and rapids at local parks. They are typically shot around 2-3 pm with some tree coverage if that helps.

Thanks,

-MT Wewerka
mwewerka.tumblr.com

A general, generic topic Help with Long Exposure Shot [View all] , mtwewerka , Mon 29-Apr-13 12:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with Long Exposure Shot