Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

G series lens, Manual Mode, D7100?

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: G series lens, Manual Mode, D7100?"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Tue 09-Apr-13 12:37 PM

>can you provide a picture of the lens?

The lens that Joseph is selling is much better than the G version you mention in your opening post. I think the release of the G version AF 70-300mm was an experiment to see how the G lens without an aperture ring would be accepted. It was the first G lens made by Nikon. It was cheaply made. It lacked the ED elements of the more expensive D model and it was lacking in optical performance. I still own the original ED version. Even though my lens is now 13 years old it still produces very good images.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic G series lens, Manual Mode, D7100? [View all] , nsolo2 , Sun 07-Apr-13 05:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: G series lens, Manual Mode, D7100?