Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Full functionality remote control

jvmorris

Reston, US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Full functionality remote control"

jvmorris Registered since 08th Jan 2005
Mon 11-Mar-13 03:39 PM

Hi, guy!

Yes, looks like all the solutions I've seen involve Wi-Fi tunneling the USB protocol. Just got a reply on the Helicon Remote forum saying that the Wi-Fi version, when it becomes available, can even be implemented by hard-wiring one smartphone to the camera and then using a second smartphone remotely (i.e., wireless) to do the controlling. I can live with that!

I think the likely problem with trying to extend beyond, say, 10 meters (wired or wireless) is going to be a matter of latency. It's not going to be that big a deal with controlling autofocus and shutter release or even remotely changing camera settings. It probably wouldn't present that great a problem downloading a captured image, really just a file transfer. However (and this is of interest to me for some of the uses I've got in mind), Live View and video might present a real problem. I suppose we'll find out when we find out.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as someone looking for information D7000 Full functionality remote control [View all] , SaskPhotog , Thu 07-Mar-13 06:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Full functionality remote control