Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Full functionality remote control

SaskPhotog

CA
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Full functionality remote control"

SaskPhotog Registered since 07th Mar 2013
Sun 10-Mar-13 11:27 PM

WOW, Thanks go out to jvmorris for the helicon info. I had no idea you could do this focus stacking technique!

Just to clarify, you are not limited to 15ft with USB. There are "active" / powered USB extensions out there. One can also opt for using a powered usb hub. The USB 3.0 technology theoretically allows for up to 18 meters with a powered hub.

Now, let's get super techie

http://www.gizmag.com/iogear-wireless-4-port-usb-sharing-station/19471/

How about using Using USB over WiFi? With the right antenna and WiFi booster you can now do WiFi over 5 miles with ease. I have heard of unconfirmed reports that 125 miles has been achieved.

So the issue becomes academic at this juncture. I guess technically you could control your camera from anywhere in the world with a cell phone and/or the Internet.

Obviously going way off topic here. But we photogs are known for DIY solutions!

Thank again to everyone. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Guy

A topic tagged as someone looking for information D7000 Full functionality remote control [View all] , SaskPhotog , Thu 07-Mar-13 06:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Full functionality remote control