Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Conserving Battery Power on D7000

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Update"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Sun 10-Mar-13 07:52 PM

While waiting for my MB-D11 grip to arrive, I did some research on this issue.

Thom Hogan's eBook on the D7000 (800 pages long) had all the details. It turns out that even when the camera is turned off, some viewfinder options remain on and cause a current draw. These viewfinder items are Warnings, Gridlines. Another big power hog pertains to LCD and Control Panel screen duration during Replay, Menus, Info and Metering.

What others have said here about resting your finger on the shutter button unnecessarily is also important.

Here is what Thom Hogan says to reset in order to prolong battery charge:

Menu C4, D2 (off) D4 (off). Set C4 as short as you can stand. I was surprised how quick a readout satisfies my "geek urge". 4 sec is enough for me. Playback (displaying an image on the LCD after the shot is taken) really sucks up the power. Resist the temptation! Don't be a "chimper". Be a grown up. Save power.

I'm on day 4 with the camera off. Charge still registers 100% As Gene Wilder exclaimed in the Frankenstein movie ....... It's alive. ALIVE!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Conserving Battery Power on D7000 [View all] , Bravozulu , Wed 06-Mar-13 07:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Conserving Battery Power on D7000
                         Reply message Update