Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

7100 : what to expect from packing 24 MP in a DX sensor

billD80

US
2240 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 7100 : what to expect from packing 24 MP in a DX sensor"

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007
Wed 06-Mar-13 12:42 PM

>When I was looking to buy the D7000 and reading various
>magazine reviews etc I noted the comment that to get the full
>benefit of the sensor would require the use of Nikon's
>professional lenses. If this is true does the increase to
>24mp make this even more relevant? Also if this is the case
>then why put large sensors on on cameras lower down the range
>which are beginner/improver models?
>
>As usual apologies in advance if I am talking rubbish.
>
>Alan

MP's are an easy marketing tool, so pocket point & shoot cameras with tiny sensors were packed with 16mp years ago.

As to the lens aspect, yes, a more densely packed, properly executed sensor will reveal poor technique and lenses when images are viewed at 100%. However, Nikon is not the only manufacturer of tack sharp lenses. The resolution on my Tamron 17-50; Sigma 8-16; Sigma 150 macro, is phenomenal... The new Sigma 50-150/2.8 is said to be one of the sharpest zooms some reviewers have ever tested.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

This is a hot, active topic! 7100 : what to expect from packing 24 MP in a DX sensor [View all] , claude_dumas Silver Member , Sat 02-Mar-13 03:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 7100 : what to expect from packing 24 MP in a DX se...
                              Reply message There's a diffraction calculator for printing here:
                                   Reply message RE: There's a diffraction calculator for printing here:
                                        Reply message My understanding is...
                                             Reply message RE: My understanding is...