Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
SweetMK

US
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ?"

SweetMK Registered since 22nd Jan 2013
Tue 05-Feb-13 09:08 PM

This lens, blah, blah,blah,
that book, blah, blah,blah,
that pic, blah, blah,blah,
his opinion, blah, blah,blah,

The original post asked for something specific. A photograph comparison thread.

The reason that was asked for, was specifically stated. Opinions aside, a method for me to compare my pic to others would have been useful.

I am thick skinned and have enjoyed all the ribbing about RTfreeM. I get to laugh everytime I open the thread and another responder says RTFM. Truly.
I doubt few on this site have read as many pages about the D7000 and related cameras and accessories as I have. (I happened to get a GrabBox of aftermarket digital Nikon books from KEH on Nikons', D300, CLS, others by multiple authors and even including the Nikonians series)

Trust me, I am well read.

I go to a photography club, and am amazed when a true photographer starts discussing color, shading, correct use of bokeh, and so many other aspects of photography that the books can not have enough pages to go into detail on.

I for one am fully capable of transforming a thought into a completed 3D functional entity. I have done that with much success since 1975.

I have a few of those, they may make great subjects for my photography, I think I will spend some time photographing them.

BUT, transforming a thought into a 2D flat image, is a totally different skill. I for one suck at that. Luckily, 3D CAD evolved early in my career. I love to model in 3D CAD. Many can not comprehend solid modeling in a computer.

End of rant, I hope this helps the readers of this thread understand that the OP is not lazy, is not unread on the subject, but, is in fact jealous of those who can create a 2D image that can be called a photograph.

Oh, by the way, other than my brothers 6D, I consider my Nikon D7000 to be a VERY capable camera compared to the pics I see on Flickr.

I see many people start and respond to "soft focus" threads on the internet, here and elsewhere. One of the reasons for the thread initially was I thought Nikonians would like to be the "Go To" place for a definitive answer on how to know if a user's D7000 was sharp.

This is a hot topic  It has been locked by a team member Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ? [View all] , SweetMK , Sun 03-Feb-13 11:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ?