Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
SweetMK

US
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ?"

SweetMK Registered since 22nd Jan 2013
Mon 04-Feb-13 02:41 PM

I apologize for mixing two subjects with the photo I selected.

The intent of my original question was to understand how to obtain sharp photographs.
I selected a photograph of mine that is an EXAMPLE of why it is difficult to understand focus.

The picture is, in fact, a pic taken with a 105mm f1.8, manual focus.
I selected it as many discussions of sharpness evolve to pictures of various subjects, typically taken under a world of different camera settings, circumstances, and multiple methods of post processing.

Determining sharpness differences from D7000 camera to D7000 camera can only be compared if the identical subject is photographed, under the same circumstances.

The camera menu settings can have a great deal to do with image sharpness, as well as camera technique.

I think I have a reasonable understanding of technique (tripod for stability, shutter speed, select mid range f stop) for sharpness of the photograph, but, I am totally baffled by the camera menu settings.

A recommendation of one or two settings is meaningless. My hope was to see multiple owners produce identical photographs taken under similar circumstances, of the same subject. The camera settings would also be identical (in camera sharpness etc...).

As mentioned also, post processing would also be important.

That is why I was recommending a test. It would be a great help to those many D7000 owners, like me, that can only wonder just what that camera is doing!

This is a hot topic  It has been locked by a team member Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ? [View all] , SweetMK , Sun 03-Feb-13 11:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Soft Focus - How About A Standardized Test ?