Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual focus point and number of AF points

Gamecocks

Joanna, US
986 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Manual focus point and number of AF points"

Gamecocks Registered since 22nd Jul 2010
Wed 30-Jan-13 12:41 AM

Hi Patrick,

Not certain if I fully understand your question and if not please accept my apology. You set the number of focus points my depressing the AF- mode button and turning the sub-command dial the number you desire. The camera will then pick a focus point that may or may not be to your liking; you can move a focus point to any area by using the multi- selector. Page 94 of the manual gives suggestions on when to use more than one focus point. With any of the dynamic focus points selected the camera may lock on an area that you really don't want as the main focus and the more points there is the possibility that the camera may search for a spot and cause you to miss a shot. Also, the central focus points may produce better results because they are in the shape of a cross and detect contrast in both the vertical and horizontal axis whereas the outer points are lines and detect contrast only in the horizontal axis.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Manual focus point and number of AF points [View all] , ctdrummer , Tue 29-Jan-13 10:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Manual focus point and number of AF points