Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Replacement For D70

Omaha

Omaha, US
566 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Replacement For D70"

Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012
Wed 30-Jan-13 03:04 PM

I upgraded from D70 to D7000 last year.

I'll second all the comments so far. The difference between the cameras is dramatic, and dynamic range is a huge part of that.

With the D7000, I am "saving" shots that would have been either hopelessly blown out or hopelessly under-exposed with the D70. You will be stunned at how much detail is waiting in the white/black areas of your photographs.

As for the higher MP count, what that means to me is that I can make some crazy deep crops to pull good images out of otherwise mundane photos and still preserve enough detail for reasonable size prints. I routinely made 16"x20" prints with my D70, and they look fine. But the limitation is you need to be printing more or less the entire original image. With the D7000, even with heavy cropping, I'm making stunning looking 16"x20" prints.

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

A general, generic topic Replacement For D70 [View all] , brunohornbeck Silver Member , Tue 29-Jan-13 10:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Replacement For D70