Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem programming AE-L/AF-L button

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Problem programming AE-L/AF-L button"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Fri 18-Jan-13 10:20 PM | edited Fri 18-Jan-13 10:26 PM by Bravozulu

I believe the correct step is to set AE/AF-Lock button to AF-On, not AF-Lock. AF Lock is a selection offered, but really only removes AE-lock from that button.

AF-on is a 2-for-1 advantage. Touching and holding the button initiates AF-C continuous focus. This is good for moving objects.

If you simply touch the back button, AF-S is achieved. A stationary object is brought into focus and then locked. So the single button provide two options.

Setting can be done either through the menus. Or, if you hit the Info button (bottom right camera back), the LCD first displays the info on the Control Panel, plus a little more.

But then, hit the Info button a second time and you have an abbreviated display of icons to set the Fn, Pv, AE/AF Lock buttons plus some shortcuts for ISO NR, Active D-lighting and a few more.

The speed of this must be seen to be believed. Infinitely faster that CUSTOM>CONTROLS menu.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Problem programming AE-L/AF-L button [View all] , Steve6344 Gold Member , Fri 18-Jan-13 05:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem programming AE-L/AF-L button