Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Usefulness of AutoGain feature on Multiple Exposure??

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Usefulness of AutoGain feature on Multiple Exposure??"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Thu 17-Jan-13 12:11 AM | edited Thu 17-Jan-13 12:14 AM by Bravozulu

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. That's all I can say. We get all the 'realism' we need on the evening news. Artistic vision is sadly lacking. And one of the seductive delusions of photography is that we are accurately recording the reality around us with our cameras.
Bank clerks keep accurate recordings of reality and, in my case at least, the results are not inspiring.

It is an old argument. Realism versus imagination. I didn't mean to put down Man Ray in my earlier post. My professor of photography at UCLA in the early '60s was Edmund Teske (of Chicago). He studied with Man Ray, and was a resident at Taliesin West with Frank Lloyd Wright for 10 years. Cold photographic realism is too easily usurped by journalism. That's what the wisdom he urged in his young students. Who were, in the main, architecture students.

I applaud a photographer imposing his ideas on realism. In the camera. In post. In a darkroom with smelly chemicals. It's all good.

Thanks, I've learned more than I had hoped for.

Gary - Santa Monica

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Usefulness of AutoGain feature on Multiple Exposure?? [View all] , Bravozulu , Tue 15-Jan-13 06:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Usefulness of AutoGain feature on Multiple Exposure...