Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 Self Timer

elec164

US
2575 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D7000 Self Timer"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Tue 08-Jan-13 04:59 PM | edited Tue 08-Jan-13 05:05 PM by elec164

>It works if you have flash turned off, its only when flash is
>enabled it fires once.
>
>The flash does work in the interval timer mode.
>

Huh!!!

I didn't even know that the self timer had that option, but admittedly I never have used the self timer.

Just tried it myself and you are correct that when the built in flash is deployed it only takes one shot. But I just mounted my SB-800 and it does work as expected, so it appears Nikon doesn't feel the built in is powerful enough for it to work as expected and disables multiple shooting with the self timer.

Learn something new every day!!

Pete

Edited to add:

When I tested it with the SB800 I was relatively close with a wide aperture and the flash fired every time. But I just retested insuring the flash needed to fire near full power and I only got two flashes for three exposures set, so it appears while the self timer interval works, there's no guarantee that there will be enough flash power.

Interesting!!!!

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon D7000 Self Timer [View all] , derekmiller45 , Tue 08-Jan-13 12:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 Self Timer