Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Flash for my Camera

Ellis Feibush

Summit, US
286 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Flash for my Camera"

Ellis Feibush Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2009
Thu 24-Jan-13 07:33 AM

I also tried the SB400 flash, but sent it back and replaced it with the more versatile SB600. Just in case you didn't quite follow one poster's response, "landscape style" means that you can only use the SB400 when shooting in the horizontal position especially straight on or in bounce flash photography. You can not use this flash in the bounce position when shooting in the vertical orientation. If you shoot a lot of vertical photos and especially use bounce flash like myself, the inability to rotate the SB400 while shooting vertically is certainly a deal breaker. The SB600 or the SB900 allows you to shoot bounce flash with your camera in any position. You could probably use the SB400 for vertical bounce flash if you could bounce the flash off a side wall. The problem here, it's tough to find really white side walls and the directionality of the flash can be problematic. Good luck with your choice of flash. Nikon's strobe flashes as part of the CLS system are the very best.

efeibush

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Flash for my Camera [View all] , Artilleryman33 , Mon 07-Jan-13 02:42 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash for my Camera