Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why are colors washed out?

blw

Richmond, US
28561 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Why are colors washed out?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 31-Dec-12 06:38 PM

> lens flare may manifest itself as a 'haze'.

Flare is, well, flare. What you're seeing here is probably "ghosting" or a lack of contrast, although I'm not familiar with the performance of the 35/f1.8 in such conditions. Certainly if this had been my 35-70/f2.8 AFD, it would be ghosting.

Flare looks quite different. This is flare:

Click on image to view larger version

Re: polarizers. Kind of a problem. Tamron has some of their hoods built with a handy slot in the side of the hood, but some folks have complained that this makes the hood too flimsy. I don't use a CP that often, and when I do I just take off the hood, set the CP and then replace the hood. But then again I probably am shooting on a tripod where that isn't as big a deal.
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Why are colors washed out? [View all] , Steve6344 Gold Member , Sat 29-Dec-12 11:12 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why are colors washed out?