Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why are colors washed out?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Why are colors washed out?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 30-Dec-12 08:56 PM

Looking at the scene and the haze gradient across the scene, I would guess there was a window just out of the frame to the left that was illuminating the front of the filter. Increasing contrast can help reduce the apparent flare but won't full correct it.
The filter did you no favors, it meant a higher ISO was needed for proper exposure by a full 1-2 stops.
Do you keep the lens hood on? I see a lot of tourists here not using them outdoors and I can imagine they are blaming the camera when their images are thin and washed out.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Why are colors washed out? [View all] , Steve6344 Gold Member , Sat 29-Dec-12 11:12 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why are colors washed out?