Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Focus issue is real

dm1dave

Lowden, US
13738 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Focus issue is real"

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006
Fri 21-Dec-12 11:43 PM

I think it unlikely that the cameras firmware has been corrupted but it is possible.

The solution, if the firmware is corrupt, is pretty easy. Download the latest firmware update from the Nikon USA site and preform the update. Even if your firmware is up-to-date it will let you perform the operation and the firmware in the camera will be overwritten by the firmware that you download from Nikon. This is kind of like reloading the operating system on your computer.

I had an odd focus issue with a D300s and this procedure worked for me.

Dave Summers
Nikonians Photo Contest Director
My Nikonians Gallery | Current Nikonians Contests

Click on image to view larger version

A general, generic topic D7000 Focus issue is real [View all] , hmanooch , Fri 21-Dec-12 05:08 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Focus issue is real