Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question

mvlow1974

US
107 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question"

mvlow1974 Registered since 03rd Dec 2012
Tue 11-Dec-12 05:35 PM

What I'm thinking of doing for this shoot is scrubbing the one long exposure and instead taking about 90 minutes worth of 30 second exposures and then stacking them in a free Startrails program I downloaded. This will ensure that if something goes wrong at some point (dead battery etc.)during the shoot, I will at least have however many exposures I have taken up until that point. I will leave on the Long Exposure Noise reduction so each 30 second exposure should take about a minute for both exposure and noise reduction to process.

It also means if I need to leave after an hour, I will at least have an hours worth of exposures complete

Does anyone have any input as to other advantages or disadvantages to stacking multiple exposures as opposed to one long exposure. One thing I will have to test is how well the mountains in the foreground will be exposed with only 30 second exposures, as I want them to be a feature. I don't think my flashlight is powerful enough to light them

A general, generic topic Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question [View all] , mvlow1974 , Tue 11-Dec-12 01:25 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question