Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question

mvlow1974

US
107 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question"

mvlow1974 Registered since 03rd Dec 2012
Tue 11-Dec-12 02:25 AM

I was trying some long exposures the other night in my backyard to practice the technique as I plan on driving about 20 miles out of town to get some star trail pictures soon. I had long exposure noise reduction turned on and noticed it took the same time as the original exposure to finish processing, so a 30 minute exposure took another 30 minutes to process. This brings up a question as I will be snowshoeing near the Cascade Mountains when I take my star trail picture(s).

If I take a one hour exposure on the bulb setting, will I be able to move the camera and put on the lens cap while it is taking another hour to do the long exposure noise reduction. I would rather head back to my car instead of waiting another hour in the snow until it finishes if possible. If this is not possible, is there something I can do in post processing that will take the place of using long exposure noise reduction in camera? I am using Lightroom 4 for my post processing. Thanks.

A general, generic topic Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question [View all] , mvlow1974 , Tue 11-Dec-12 01:25 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Long Exposure Noise Reduction Question