Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Potential issues to be aware of with used D7000?

elec164

US
2575 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Potential issues to be aware of with used D7000?"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Wed 05-Dec-12 02:59 PM

Personally I feel you are being over cautious.

While I have noticed others complaining about an easily nudged mode dial, I personally never had an issue with it.

There are a few people whom have had calibration issues with the focus mechanism, but that was easily addressed by a trip to Nikon service. And while there were people with legitimate calibration issues, a good number of the early soft focus issues were due to user error.

Another known issue early on that affect only a small amount of units was the lubricant spray caused by a defective seal on the mirror charging motor. I was an early adopter of the D7000 in which it was affected by that issue, and it was repaired under warranty by Nikon and I have yet to see a reappearance of the lubricant spray since the repair.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Potential issues to be aware of with used D7000? [View all] , Tex09 Silver Member , Wed 05-Dec-12 11:37 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Potential issues to be aware of with used D7000?