Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 powered external mic output

pimadude

Tucson, US
61 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output"

pimadude Registered since 28th Nov 2012
Sun 09-Dec-12 03:18 PM

Stan & Pete,
On Friday night last (12/07) I used my Audio Technica Pro 24-CM mic to record the audio for a choir performance at the school my grandson attends. The quality of the recording, while certainly not suitable for a professional video, was quite satisfactory and much better than the internal mic of the D7000.

The Nikon D7000 is obviously a fairly complex camera, and I'm still learning some of the settings for video (I only received the camera the day before the choir performance). So, some of the video I recorded wasn't quite as good as I wished. I had apparently fumbled the focus as I tried to adjust the subject coverage and, as a result, had some soft focus in the last part of the video.

I really am mostly a still photo person, and I'd expect to use the video capability of my D7000 only on a limited basis. It's still a very nice capability to possess on a camera that is very exciting to use!

A general, generic topic Nikon D7000 powered external mic output [View all] , pimadude , Tue 04-Dec-12 05:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output