Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 powered external mic output

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3576 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 09-Dec-12 06:59 AM

Sorry about the missinformation. I was going by two published spec sheets for the camera that says bias was not available. I modified my D90 the second week I had it to have a mic jack and to it did have the bias naturally since it had an internal mic electret mic but the bias was low so I increased it to the jack I installed to 5 volts. I used mine with non-electret mics so had to be sure there were DC blocking caps in-line with the mic element.
I guess it goes to to prove that you need to measure everything and not go by spec sheets.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D7000 powered external mic output [View all] , pimadude , Tue 04-Dec-12 05:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output