Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 powered external mic output

PeterBeckett

Lincoln, US
835 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output"

PeterBeckett Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010
Sat 08-Dec-12 09:13 PM | edited Sat 08-Dec-12 09:40 PM by PeterBeckett

James (Jim?),
There's something VERY strange about this because, as Stan said, the D7000 does ***NOT*** have the ability to supply power to an external microphone. FWIW, nor does any of Nikon's other video-capable cameras.

My STRONG advice is to rely upon the microphone's battery as any other apparent power source could easily disappear.

Pete

EDIT:
OK, so the ME-1 specification DEFINITELY indicates that it is an electret mic. whose power comes from the camera.

I have just measured a +2.5VDC bias on each of the mic. inputs of my D4, so an Electret mic. CAN be powered reliably by, at least some, Nikon bodies...

Stan: Everything seems to point to the fact that we were both WRONG!

James: I now believe that you CAN rely on powering the mic. from the camera.

Please accept my apologies.

Pete

A general, generic topic Nikon D7000 powered external mic output [View all] , pimadude , Tue 04-Dec-12 05:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output