Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 powered external mic output

pimadude

Tucson, US
61 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output"

pimadude Registered since 28th Nov 2012
Fri 07-Dec-12 03:35 PM

I received the Audio Technica Pro 24-CM microphone and my new Nikon D7000 camera (Yea!). Tried the mic initially with an LR44 battery installed in the mic, and it worked properly. I've now mounted the mic, removed the battery from the mic itself and used the camera's mic jack. Again, the mic works well with its power derived from the camera itself.

Just from an initial, admittedly limited observation, I think the quality of the sound recorded with the mic using the camera's mic jack for power is somewhat better than when the LR44 battery was used to power the mic.

A general, generic topic Nikon D7000 powered external mic output [View all] , pimadude , Tue 04-Dec-12 05:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 powered external mic output