Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

EN-EL15 Replacement

elec164

US
2598 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: EN-EL15 Replacement"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Thu 06-Dec-12 02:23 PM | edited Thu 06-Dec-12 02:24 PM by elec164

At the risk of being branded a heritc or worse a pariah,,,, I'll offer you my thoughts.

I have found the EN-EL15 battery more than adequate for my shooting needs. As long as I remember to charge it the night before a heavy shoot, I have only once run it low to the point I was worried.

But when I bought my D80 I quickly found having a second battery was a must. When I went to the local B&M to buy the Nikon EN-EL3, the rep recommended the Promaster replacement. It boasted a 2500mah rating compared to the Nikon 2000mah and was cheaper. At first I was hesitant, but the rep assured me its was every bit as good and backed it with a money back if not satisfied. I have since handed all my D80 gear to the granddaughter and some 5 years later the Promaster battery is still plugging along with the Nikon battery without issue.

I'm not familiar with Lenmar, but looking into them, they seem to be a global reputable company. But looking at their replacement battery, it's only 1750mah compared to 1900mah Nikon. So to me the $9 difference is eaten up in available power rating, so in that case it would seem to be a wash and I personally would choose the Nikon.

But I would stay away from the e-bay sub-$20 no brand name specials for many of them are junk.

Just my 2 cents as I put on my flame retardant suit!!!

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question EN-EL15 Replacement [View all] , Tex09 Silver Member , Mon 03-Dec-12 05:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: EN-EL15 Replacement