Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000?

leonardevens

US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000?"

leonardevens Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2011
Mon 26-Nov-12 09:01 PM

I looked at Thom Hogan's reviews of the D7000, the D3200, and the 18-200 mm zoom lens.

He points out that the D3200 at 24 Mpx has even higher resolution than the D7000. In addition, he says that my 18-200 mm lens strains already at 16 Mpx. So it seems to me, if i accept what he says, that if I consider getting anything, I should consider getting a FX body with at least 16 Mpx and a FX capable lens that can make adequate use of it. But that would cost me more than I am willing to spend on a DSLR at present. Should I, at some point, decide that using a view camera is beyond my physical capability, it might make sense to consider upgrading to an FX format camera and lens, but otherwise I should just stick with my D90, at least for the present.

As Groucho Marx said, old age ain't for sissies. At 79, I am beginning to feel it.

Leonard Evens
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University

A general, generic topic Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000? [View all] , leonardevens Gold Member , Sat 24-Nov-12 08:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000?