Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon GP-1 with D7000

Squirri

Nottingham, UK
54 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon GP-1 with D7000"

Squirri Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2012
Tue 20-Nov-12 03:31 PM | edited Tue 20-Nov-12 03:32 PM by Squirri

I have been having the same problem. Seems to be wear somewhere. In my case I found that bending the rubber port cover on the camera and tucking it tight against the plug from the GP-1 keeps it online. Not a long term solution as I'm concerned that the port cover will either distort or come off. I'm going to try gently widening the plug end to try to get a tighter fit. I've had mine for about 18 months and seem to remember it being a pretty tight fit in the early days. Tried blowing out the plug and socket with 'tinned air' but that didn't help.

If anyone has a solution, please post it hear. I wonder how many of us have this problem and whether it is D7000 superficial?

res ipsa loquitur

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon GP-1 with D7000 [View all] , Sherwood115 , Tue 20-Nov-12 11:29 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon GP-1 with D7000