Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7K lens comparing and setting question.

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3573 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question."

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Thu 29-Nov-12 07:35 PM

The 16-85 is better built and slightly better optically wide open but for me, no question the 18-105's extra reach is more useful than the extra 2mm at the wide end. Stopped down they are both quite good. The reach and 1/2 the price tips the scales towards the 18-105.
A good kit for vacations would be a small fast prime and the 18-105, 18-200, or 18-300.
I am getting ready to take a trip back to the US in two days for a few weeks and trying to decide what to take now. I usually start out thinking I am going to be light this time but by the time the taxi picks me and my luggage up for the ride to the airport, my bag will be bulging with heavy lenses. Last time I was proud of myself to limiting it to just two lenses, a 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 and one flash. I ought to take just the 18-105 and one body, D7000 but it is too much to resist taking some faster glass and D800.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7K lens comparing and setting question. [View all] , Tucsonmr2 , Mon 19-Nov-12 09:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question.