Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7K lens comparing and setting question.

Tucsonmr2

AU
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question."

Tucsonmr2 Registered since 08th Nov 2012
Tue 20-Nov-12 09:30 PM

Thanks to all for the suggestions,

i must be fair and honest in saying the only reason to look into the sigma or tamron 17-55 f2.8 lenses are due to the negative comments i have seen on the internet about the 18-105 kit lense.. i in all honesty am not a pro and neither am a pixel peeper, as long as the shots are good im happy, i wasnt convinced with the 18-105 lens at first either. so looked for the next alternative and found a used sigma 18-200 so i bought that and instantly noticed my photos looked better, but was also lacking in detail here and there.
the 18-105 lense was sitting on the shelf doing nothing. this was about 6 months ago.

few days ago out of curosity i took the 18-105 and tried some shots with it and was stunned to see it produce better shots. so i did some more testing and the pics were more clearear than the 18-200 sigma.
i then borrowed my friends 24-120 nikkor and did the same and the 18-105 still was the better out of the lot. so that really confused me as to why this was happening. mind you as i mentioned before this is just an average joes interpretaion of the outcome of IQ, you guys might see it differently.
anyway this is why i was wonderign wether the camera had some settings i wasnt aware of foreach individual lense to make it perform at its best...

cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80080326@N04

A general, generic topic D7K lens comparing and setting question. [View all] , Tucsonmr2 , Mon 19-Nov-12 09:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question.