Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7K lens comparing and setting question.

prreid

Naples, US
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question."

prreid Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2012
Tue 20-Nov-12 08:47 PM

Tucsonmr2

I think the technical advice you are getting is pretty good. I would like to add one other general opinion, i.e. the lens(es) you take with you should be based on what you plan to shoot. If landscape is to be a prominent part of your shoots, then a wide angle (e.g. 10-24) could be an important part of your lens portfolio. On the otherhand,if portrait happens to be on the agenda for any given day, then you'll need another type of lens, i.e. longer. I guess the essence of what I'm trying to say is take a selection of lenses to meet your anticipated needs, BUT on any given day of a photo shoot, decide what your're aiming to do and take the appropriate equipment, i.e. leave the unneeded lenses out of your carry-around.

Have fun!

P.S.: If landscape is an important part of your plan, don't forget to take a tripod and, ideally, a (tethered or infrared) release.

P.P.S.: Don't forget you can also rent lenses.

A general, generic topic D7K lens comparing and setting question. [View all] , Tucsonmr2 , Mon 19-Nov-12 09:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question.