Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7K lens comparing and setting question.

Tucsonmr2

AU
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D7K lens comparing and setting question."

Tucsonmr2 Registered since 08th Nov 2012
Mon 19-Nov-12 10:36 PM

Guys
I need you help in deciding which lenses to use on my D7k when I am going overseas soon (and also as a general lens at any other times)
I have the 18-105VR, sigma 18-200 OS DC HSM and can borrow a friends Nikon 24-120 VR (f2.5-5.6)
I have done a quick test on each lense and the 18-105 has the sharpest of pics (I only took some sample pics of plants etc, and set all the lenses to around 50mm @ f5 I think with the same shutter speed) i will try and post the pics later on today
I am quite surprised at this result, which also leads me to another question..
Is the D7K set to adjust setting according to the lense that’s fitted to it?? I have lense fine tuning set to off.but have increased the sharpness setting in the picture modes, im wondering wether different lenses affect the settings on the camera and that each lense has to be programmed to suit. Mainly concerned that if I buy another lens (tamron or sigma 17-55 f2.8) im going to have the same problem of the 18-105 giving me the best pictures.
Im not concerned with using the 18-105 but im after something a bit faster (hence the purchase of the 17-55) I also found the 18-105 is the slowest to focus out of the above lot.
Mainly shooting landscapes, cars and portraits.
Many thanks for your help.
Cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80080326@N04

A general, generic topic D7K lens comparing and setting question. [View all] , Tucsonmr2 , Mon 19-Nov-12 09:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7K lens comparing and setting question.