Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....

mdallie

Novi, US
238 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft...."

mdallie Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2011
Sun 25-Nov-12 11:35 AM

I use AF-C but with back button focus. I then put the center focus point on my focus area, hit the back button to focus, then let go of the back button, recompose, and shoot. Sounds like a lot but after you get used to it, it is automatic and works out well.

If you use back button focus and just touch and release the back button, AF-C is like AF-S.

I can't remember where I read it, but I've read multiple articles saying that the center focus point is considerably better than any other focus point. You can do some tests to check that out, but it sounds like your results already bear that out.

Mike

A general, generic topic D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft.... [View all] , hawaii502160 , Sun 18-Nov-12 06:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....