Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....

Tucsonmr2

AU
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft...."

Tucsonmr2 Registered since 08th Nov 2012
Wed 21-Nov-12 08:48 PM

This could be taken with a grain of salt.
but
have you checked to see if the AF-C is set to fire on focus or NO focus in the menu?
secondly i would use the auto or single focus modes for this type shooting, i use AF-C when im shooting cars flying past me, people dancing things like that where the subject is movign around a fair bit

something else to note
i noticed you mentioned that you think this is a autofocus error but i thought id still post this anyway
if you are usign the any other software (like photoshop, lightroom)other than the one from nikon (view Nx, capture NX) then the Raw converter is only guesssing the algorithms for the nikon raw file and hence its only a guestimate, any sharpening, picture modes etc used IN CAMERA will not be applied in photoshop etc.
i found that View NX is giving me better pics than photoshop

cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80080326@N04

A general, generic topic D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft.... [View all] , hawaii502160 , Sun 18-Nov-12 06:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....