Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....

hawaii502160

Cleveland, US
183 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft...."

hawaii502160 Registered since 11th Feb 2011
Mon 19-Nov-12 01:34 AM | edited Mon 19-Nov-12 01:37 AM by hawaii502160

I would like to say that my Nikon 70-200 VRII nails it every time, but I used it for some of the shots yesterday as well. The shots that I took using the outer focus points are just as soft as the 24-70, whereas when I used the center point, they are right on.

The reason I pretty much only use AF-C was due to some softness when using AF-S. I had read reports that AF-C was the better mode to use due to the fact that we never hold COMPLETELY still when taking photographs, and if you used AF-C, the focus would track until the shutter was released.

I know of all of the hysteria surrounding this camera with the focus problems. I'm not trying to add to it, just figure out my next step. I figured I'm due to send the camera in for a clean/check anyway, just wondering if I should send the 24-70mm with it or not. I've heard a lot of horror stories about the Melville facility. Since my D7000 body is well out of warranty, I'm thinking APS may be the way to go.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft.... [View all] , hawaii502160 , Sun 18-Nov-12 06:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....