Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....

hawaii502160

Cleveland, US
183 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft...."

hawaii502160 Registered since 11th Feb 2011
Mon 19-Nov-12 01:21 AM | edited Mon 19-Nov-12 01:22 AM by hawaii502160

Mick,

I apologize if I came off a little harsh...I'm just frustrated. I've tried the Lens-Align-Pro...all that did was waste about 6 hours of my life. The settings were all over the place. Outside/sunlight showed all lenses to be off in one direction, and indoors/mixed lighting showed them all to be off in the other direction. I just ended up leaving everything at 0. I've felt that the 24-70 is off on the wide end since I got it. My shots from yesterday at 70mm are sharp...everything that I shot at 50mm or less (most of the shots) are soft. The only other common factor with those shots was the use of the outside focus point. I have no idea if the problem is with the lens, or the body.

I shot portraits for two of my nieces withing the last couple months. I had quite a few soft shots with them, but also quite a few that were good and sharp. I wrote off the soft ones as me trying to chase them around the room...subject/camera shake.

One of my shots posted above is at 1/640...shooting at a stationary subject...I can't believe it is due to camera shake.

Here are some 100% crops of the above images...

Click on image to view larger version

I took numerous shots of each pose...each one was soft...I shot everything in single shutter release mode since I was using the flash...not CH/CL.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft.... [View all] , hawaii502160 , Sun 18-Nov-12 06:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Outer Focus Points Soft....