Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Aftermarket battery grips

IanCT

SF Bay, US
253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Aftermarket battery grips"

IanCT Registered since 15th Sep 2008
Sun 18-Nov-12 07:50 AM | edited Sun 18-Nov-12 05:05 PM by IanCT

Be weary...I thought I'd save a few bucks and get an aftermarket grip for my D300s, worked fine for a couple months and then in the middle of a shoot the camera wouldn't fire, from the grip release or the camera. I had to remove the grip, take the battery out of the camera and wait a few seconds before powering it back on.

After that I bought Nikon grips ever since. Had the MBD-10 on my D300s for well over a year, no problems...and the MBD-11 on my D7000 is fantastic.

There are little things to look out for on aftermarket grips...build quality being one, but another is that the battery tray does not positively hold the battery with anything other than a friction click. The Nikon brand has a detent in the tray that pops up to hold the battery in place.

A topic tagged as having a question Aftermarket battery grips [View all] , OldNavy609 , Sat 17-Nov-12 04:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Aftermarket battery grips