Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focus issue or pilot error

N4TVC

Burke, US
109 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Focus issue or pilot error"

N4TVC Registered since 15th Jul 2006
Tue 13-Nov-12 12:11 AM

Stan, if the OP was using AF-S and has focus control on the shutter release button, shooting a burst by holding down the shutter release will only focus on the first shot. At least that's how mine works. To get a new focus in AF-S one must release the shutter release all the way. Also, the focus indication in Capture is where the focus bracket was when the shot was taken, not necessarily where it was when focus was acquired. I shoot AF-S lots, but i focus and recompose, and in that case where the focus bracket shows up in Capture is useless.

I wonder if the OP intentionally focused on her left hand, or that's just where it showed up in Capture?

Charles

A general, generic topic Focus issue or pilot error [View all] , epdad , Sun 11-Nov-12 12:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focus issue or pilot error