Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focus issue or pilot error

Patrick604

US
85 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Focus issue or pilot error"

Patrick604 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jun 2012
Sun 11-Nov-12 09:23 PM

You are correct that the pumpkin looks to be in focus. In AF-s the camera should have refocussed between each shot. But given how the lady is left of center, is it possible that you had the focus selector centered, which would explain why the pumpkin in the middle is focussed in each shot and the lady is further out of focus with each step? Also, you didn't mention how you had the focus point selected. Was it manually selected by you, or did the camera select which af point to use?

Next time you might try selecting the af point yourself, and shift it left of center to the lady's face. Put the mode to AF-C and let the camera follow focus on the walking model. I use this method to photo cross country runners who are moving right along, it should work like a charm for a person walking.

Good luck and don't get discouraged. This autofocus voodoo takes some practice to get sorted out.

Link to my Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Focus issue or pilot error [View all] , epdad , Sun 11-Nov-12 12:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focus issue or pilot error